Four in a row RSC15

A very busy day on Friday.  Finished four more blocks for the RSC15 and cut squares for the alternate blocks in yellow, orange and red. Posted my two tulip blocks for the Block Lotto and tidied the sewing room. Got a phone call to say that I am through to the second round of interviews for a job at Little Havens charity shop – fingers crossed!

My sewing room is too small so I am spreading out into the hall. It should be a bit more thread free as I made another fabric pot on Friday too, for all those little threads and clippings – my other one lives in the hall on an Ikea bookcase which has become my cutting table. It’s a bit low but I think adding castors (the locking kind) will raise it up high enough to save my back.

It might be October but the weather has been wonderful; warm and sunny with a slight mist this morning just to remind you that it is Autumn.

18 thoughts on “A Busy Day

1. What a beautiful place to display your blocks – and what a glorious blue sky!

The weather has been amazing this week but due for rain next week – but that’s what keeps everything so lovely and green so we shouldn’t complain

1. Lovely blocks on a beautiful day!! Those would make for a great color combo all on their own. I’m going to add your post to my Color Cues folder. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. Deb says:

Lovely blocks on the line. Love the purple blocks in the last post.

Thank you, not many more to catch up with (if you don’t count the alternate blocks…)

3. lornasimons says:

Wow they look fab, my craft room needs a good tidy up, I tidy, I get creative and make a mess then need to tidy again lol

That is exactly what I do LOL

4. lapaylor says:

I haven’t seen your blog before, great name! Love your little furry supervisor
    LeeAnna

Thank you – I take it you mean socks the cat and not the yak LOL

1. lapaylor says:

no disrespect to the yak…

5. Such a cheerful row of blocks. I can almost smell the fresh air. I know your cutting will be more comfortable at the right height, so important. I had to take the casters off of my table and it made such a difference. Good luck!

It been lovely to go for walks in this weather, very fresh. Thanks for the lovely comments

6. Sally T says:

Your blocks are beautiful…even competing with that marvelous blue sky. It’s nice to be reminded of what is lurking behind all these rain clouds.

Thank you, I can’t believe how beautiful the weather has been and the sky certainly is a marvellous blue

7. Sheila says:

Beautiful blocks and such a beautiful day! Great pictures.

8. Cathy L says:

Aren’t those some fun blocks hanging on the line! Good luck on the job.

Thanks they are mostly from the RSC15. Unfortunately I got through to the last two but didn’t get the job 😦 Still more time for quilting LOL