Done and dusted – unless I decide to quilt it and make it into a dolly quilt.

Sashiko sample 4

Sashiko complete

I don’t have to quilt it but it would make a useful little mat to put under the fruit bowl. I managed to complete another sample too; hand-stitched reverse applique. I quite like the stepped appearance and it certainly highlights the centre. It would be a good way to mount any hand work and  this little piece of Botanique from Joel Dewsbury almost looks like embroidery.

I really must concentrate on the main assessment piece now – a wall hanging. Here are a few pages from my sketch book mostly worked from photos I took in Australia.

I made a printing block of a simple leaf shape and roughly painted it to print these

Next I will try it on fabric.

I have sketched a few possible designs but that is for another day, now it is time to link up to slow Sunday Stitching here

10 thoughts on “Sashiko Sample Completed

1. Gretchen says:

Your Sashiko stitching looks wonderful, so even. I’ve never tried this technique but it looks lovely. The woodblock stamping looks very realistic. You have a steady hand. Happy stitching!

Sashiko is a lovely technique as it only relies on running stitch

2. Deb says:

What a beautiful stitching on the blue. Love your painting – such a talented lady you are.

3. Deborah says:

Your Sashiko piece turned out beautiful, Love the stamped leaves you made they ate going to look great on fabric. Your sketches are great.

Thank you – now I just need to actually do it! I have been putting it off while I decide on the final design

5. Gail says:

Pretty sashiko sampler. I love the circles block! Leaves are looking great…I will be watching to see how your project develops

Thanks, I was a bit dubious about the circular motif but it was easier to do than I thought

6. Your sashiko looks great – such even stitches and it is nice to see the different designs together. I also like your reverse applique. I will look out for more of your assessment piece. I love your sketches and leaf prints 🙂

Thank you, I really must get on and finish the assessment piece!