Finally the first counted cross-stitch I have ever made is out of the hoop and ready for framing. There is a space in the guest bedroom wall waitng for it. I bought the kit years ago in charity shop as I love irises but find I don’t love counted cross-stitch. I kept making mistakes, unpicking, re-sewing until I decided to ‘adjust’ the pattern if I made a mistake. Apologies to the designer but I would never have finished it otherwise.
I finished the crazy patchwork sample, adding a bit of lace and finishing the last few seams with chevron, chain (open and closed), feather, blanket stitch of various kinds and now it is ready to go into my sample folder for City and Guilds.
I have also been working on another machine stitch project which has been taking far too long as I kept re-desgning it. I have finally made a decision and these form part of the central panel. All will be revealed but hopefully this year and not another two as it was started in January 2015. I have far too many WIPS! I bet I am not the only one….
Sometimes I think it would be easier to be Socks and sit in the sun in the garden, but then she doesn’t get to look at all the other projects over at Kathy’s Quilts Why not pop over and see for yourself