Spring seems a long way off with the weather being so cold and icy even here in the South. We went for a bracing walk along the front at Walton-on-the-Naze, far too fast to spot any fossils or sharks teeth along the shore or to take photos. Even with gloves on my hands were cold!

Still it was nice as the sun was out, but it is nicer sitting by the fire and sewing another flower for my GFG (Grandmother’s Flower Garden)

Star flower red

I think this garden will take years to grow as it keeps getting pushed back in favour of machine projects. I must renovate the little sewing box I bought in the Summer and keep it by my chair. I’m sure I will think of it more and do more if it is right beside me, otherwise it will end up being a great-grandmother’s flower garden!

8 thoughts on “Spring flower

1. Carla says:

Looks great! My hands become painful when I EPP but I love seeing all the wonderful projects out in blogland. I used to have a box and would take it with me, amazing what you can get done a few minutes here and there

Thank you, that is how I am doing it, a little at a time. I also take it out – even to the beach!

2. Kristin says:

This is beautiful!! Some things cannot be rushed! =)

That is definitely true, thank you for your lovely comment

3. norma says:

Lovely pattern. It’s good to have something portable to pick up; I really enjoy slow sewing.

It certainly is, and also more sociable. The noise from a sewing machine hampers communication a bit

4. Jill S. says:

I love your red flower!

I’m not surprised given your blog name LOL!