I am so pleased that the top is complete – I did think about adding a border of flying geese but after putting it on the bed in the spare room I can see it is big enough as it is.

RSC15 quilt top

I have the batting ready and fabric to piece for the back then it is off to the longarmer to get it quilted. I haven’t decided on the pattern but not too fancy as this quilt is all about the colour

RSC15 right RSC15 left

I had a lovely trip to the quaint village of Wickham Market, Suffolk so I could visit Quilter’s Haven. What a beautiful shop and now I know where it is, the lady who owns it is retiring! The shop is up for sale so I hope it is purchased and continues  for many years. I bought backing and thread for my tumbler quilt, a couple of half metres that caught my eye and some Downton Abbey fat quarters that were on sale. All this while my other half was in Café 46

We had a lovely lunch in this vintage style, very relaxed café and the price was reasonable to – definitely recommended. Unfortunately the weather was not too good so we didn’t get to explore the village itself but what we saw was charming. Sorry for the lack of photos, but I didn’t take my camera as shopping was foremost in my mind!

Now the main part of the RSC15 is finished it is time to start on the RSC16!

16 thoughts on “RSC15 Quilt Top Completed!

1. Kat Scribner says:

Awesome top!! I’m currently quilting mine. So anxious to get to the binding!

Thanks, can’t wait to see yours all quilted and bound!

2. Angela says:

Beautiful finish! Your quilt is perfect just as it is. Can’t wait to see it all quilted and done. Fabulous!

Thank you for your lovely comments and thank you for designing such a beautiful quilt and hosting the challenge

3. catkiz says:

Your RSC top is incredible. Simply gorgeous! I can’t wait to see it all quilted up. Way to go!

4. nanacathy2 says:

Awesome, as my children would say!

5. Magpie Sue says:

Your quilt top is so fun! I wish it were cost effective to have my son do the quilting for you but since we live across the pond (and way across the country) it probably wouldn’t be worth it for you. ;- )

I’d never heard of Wickham Market. Wish I’d been able to see pictures because my maiden name was Wickham!

Thank you, shame we are so far apart, it would have been nice to have your son quilt it. I’d never heard of Wickham Market either until I started searching for quilt shops! I will take my camera next time as we have a trip planned back in that area as you can find amber on that stretch of the coast. We have to drive past Wickham so a little detour will be in order

6. norma says:

Looks lovely! Do you often get your quilting done by the long arm quilter? I have thought about it but never tried.

This will be the first time I have used a long arm quilter – just the back to piece. I have quilted the others myself, but this quilt is too large for me to do. I will let you know how it goes

7. Raewyn says:

It’s beautiful! Well done on the finish!! Like me, I bet you have plenty of scraps to use for the 2016 challenge!

Thank you – I certainly do! Looking forward to the new challenge

8. Sheila says:

Awesome quilt top! You go girl!