Blue and Yellow

Four more blocks completed and on the line – not far behind the rest of the group considering I started in August and not January. It was quite breezy but I managed to get a few shots in between gusts

I returned to the Whirling Geese block and used darker blues, as my mid-blue version was a bit too light. I used the inner block from the orange month to do a second mid-blue block too which is a Twirling Four Patch.  It’s more like a pinwheel than the block that is called a pinwheel!

Whirling Geese Pinwheel

I finished the yellows too. Monkey Wrench is in the original list, however, the second paler block should have been Air Castle but I substituted this block whose name escapes me.

Monkey Wrench

Yellow block

As you can see it is another lovely sunny day which is a welcome return after the last few days which have been cold and grey

Next job on the list was chain piecing the squares I had prepared earlier in the week for the alternate blocks

All the indigo, pink, red, yellow and orange are now in little four or two patches. The good thing about all this piecing is the amount of tumblers that were sewn together too.  All are at the very least paired up and about half of those are now in fours. It’s surprising how quickly this Leaders and Enders project is going. It may even be finished at the same time as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! Now all I need to do is keep up with the Quilting From Little Things and they will all be wrapped up by the end of the year – nearly forgot the Global Quilting Project! Just waiting for one more block and then assembly can begin. Perhaps I will have three full-sized quilts for New Year

14 thoughts on “Redo on the Blue, plus a couple of Yellows

1. Angela says:

What fun color history. Thanks for sharing. Your blocks are beautiful hanging on the line in the bright and beautiful sunshine

I can’t believe how nice the weather is!

2. Deb says:

Such pretty blue and yellow blocks. Great information on the colors. Love learning new things. Thanks.

Thank you. I love learning new things too and have more surprising facts about colour which I will post later – the culture you are born into has a strange affect on colour perception believe it or not!

3. vivjm says:

You’re making great progress! I especially like the dark blue block

Thank you, I’m glad I re-did that block in dark blue, it looks so much better than the pale blue and it’s good to get confirmation from somebody else!

4. Nice bunch of blocks. Keep up the good work!!

Thank you, it is fun making all the different blocks

5. Lovely blocks, they look so pretty on the clothesline.

Thank you, my new favourite place for photos until the weather turns

6. Sheila says:

Beautiful blocks. Thank you for the color history. Very interesting!

Glad you liked it

7. norma says:

Very pretty blocks.
    I always think the clothes line is a good place to display quilts.

Yes, it’s my new favourite spot for display, nice and easy